Owner / Label
Owner / Publishing
BATTLE WORLDWIDE is an independent record label and publishing (music and literature) company based in Brighton, United Kingdom. BATTLE WORLDWIDE has more than 50 releases to its furious name, including records by Co-Pilgrim, Swaying Wires, Blacklevel Embassy, Kid Wave, Falling Stacks and Empty Pools. BWR artists have been lauded by the likes of BBC Radio (Lamacq, Laverne, Coe), Spin, The Big Takeover, Drowned In Sound, Q and triple j and toured internationally, sweating the festival circuit.
BATTLE WORLDWIDE adheres to an old school ideology stemming back from the 1980s punk scene labels like SST, Merge and Au Go Go – and that’s where the BATTLE WORLDWIDE story begins. Founder Darren Smallman grew up in the Australian punk underground, spending many fierce years in the loud and influential band Warped as well as Toad and The Sun & The Silver Anthology artists. From there, he developed Low Transit Industries, a record label and touring agency which released classic records by Okkervil River, CW Stoneking, Thalia Zedek, Black Mountain, SubAudible Hum and Of Montreal.
Now with a new name and a new home base, BATTLE WORLDWIDE is committed to artist partnership and creativity, striving to build long term careers across all regions of the music industry landscape. BATTLE WORLDWIDE is focused on building new platforms for artists to create and communicate in the digital era alongside physical merchandising to balance an ever more complicated marketplace. The music BATTLE WORLDWIDE serves may not all sound alike, but every BATTLE WORLDWIDE artist shares a mission for music that captivates and conquers.
“One of my favourite labels… check out every band they have been putting out, they’re really on it in terms of quality control”Jack Rabid, Big Takeover
Our main offices are based in Brighton in the UK. Go on then… say hello!
There is always a heap of work to do but being a small company we have very few paid positions. If you would like to volunteer for us please email†your CV and cover letter explaining your work/education history, current experience within the arts and aspirations for the future to email@example.com.
We love listening to new music but do not have the time to respond to everyone who contacts us. Have a listen to the sort of music we release and if you think you would be right at home please feel free to email streaming links to firstname.lastname@example.org†and we will get back to you if we like your stuff.
Yes! We respect your privacy. If you have joined up to or found yourself on our mailing list because you’re a fan, friend or colleague we will only send you info on the important stuff. If you want off the list there simply message us to be removed.
Whether you are a retail outlet or just like what we do, please use the below links… if you can’t find what you need give us a bell:
- Find a local record store
- MVD [Physical: North America // Digital: Asia/North America/South America] [Email] [Website]
- Proper Music [Physical: UK // Digital:Africa/Antartica/Europe/Oceania] [Email] [Website]
- Sonic Rendezvous [Physical: Belgium/Luxembourg/Netherlands] [Email] [Website]
- Soul Food [Physical: Austria/Germany/Switzerland] [Email] [Website]
Please contact our sync teams at:
- Aim Low Music [Collections // Artists: All // Territory: The World] [Email] [Website]
- Music Sales [Sync //†Artists: All // Territory: The World] [Email] [Email] [Website]
- A&G Sync [Sync // Artists: All // Territory: The World] [Email] [Website]
- Rivi Music [Sync // Artists: Co-pilgrim/Falling Stacks/Mike Gale/Swaying Wires // Territory: North America] [Email] [Website]